A schoolgirl was killed in her sleep after her charging smartphone exploded on her pillow as she slept.

Alua Asetkyzy Abzalbek (14), from Kazakhstan, went to bed listening to music on her cellphone which was plugged into a power socket, Daily Mail reports.

The next morning she was found dead after the phone’s battery had exploded close to her head. Her distraught parents had tried to resuscitate her but were unsuccessful.

Police said she’d suffered severe head injuries and is believed to have died immediately, Sun UK reports.

According to local reports, forensic experts determined the young girl’s phone had exploded because it had overheated as it was charging.

The teenager’s best friend shared a heartfelt post on Facebook, expressing her disbelief, Mirror UK reports.

“I still can’t believe it,” she wrote.

“You were the best. We’ve been together since childhood. It’s so hard for me without you. I miss you so much. You’ve left me forever.”

Sources: Daily Mail, Sun UK, Mirror UK

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here